Transoranje School NPC is Transoranje School non-profit company (NPC Reg no: 200002577508 PBO930053891) who since 1996 is managing the fundraising for Transoranje School for the Deaf. Friends of Transoranjes’ sole purpose is outlined in the vision and mission:
Fundraising for the promotion of educational institution (Transoranje School for the Deaf)
Raising funds and obtain donations through fundraising projects, proposals and requests to benefit Transoranje School for the Deaf and to improve the education, training and well-being of Transoranje School for the Deaf learners.
Friends of Transoranje is a platform where companies, individuals, trusts and foundations can contribute to a worthy cause in a structured way that suits all the parties involved. Contributions can be done in different ways e.g. cash donations, grants, donation of products or services, company/community social responsibility projects and/or interaction with the learners. A section 18A tax-deductible receipt and a certificate for B-BBBEE confirmation are available.
This NPC consists of four directors (with no benefits) and one executive officer, the Business Development Manager: Mrs Alta Koekemoer
· Cash donations for: school or hostel fees, special needs, food/stationary, general expenses, salaries
· Food for the hostel (80 boarders + 50 food scheme day scholars). Tins, fresh, frozen, dried. List attached
· Personal hygiene and sanitary ware (±125 needy learners). List attached
· Typek paper, white 80g (± 20 boxes p/ month, the learners depend on visual teaching methods)
· Stationary. List attached
· Materials for the skills division e.g. fabric / material, glue, wood, sanding paper, metal, welding rods, leather, varnish, beads, mosaic tiles, cement, ingredients for the bakery etc.
· Electronic smart boards
· Data projectors
· New computers/laptops
· Big screens for Computers (3 visually impaired learners)
· Photocopier machine
· Industrial veggie peeler
· Single bed waterproofs for mattresses
· Vacuum cleaners – heavy duty
· 8 x Washing machines and Tumble Dryers (11 – 13kg)
· Outdoor playground and/or gym equipment
· Tennis rackets and tennis balls (good condition 2nd or new)
All kind of sport balls: rugby, netball, soccer, tennis, volleyball
· Second hand car tyres for Pre Primary Playground
· Tractor mower for the huge lawns and sport fields
· Water canon – self driven for the sport fields
· Tyres for different vehicles
· 310 x New school desks and chairs for the classrooms
· New curtains for the hall (windows, stage and sliding doors)
· Service providers such as: garden services, electricians, plumbers, mechanics, construction workers, painters and tillers, handyman, hairdressers etc.
· Swimming pool necessities: HTH Chlorine, Pool acid, Flokkiland, Test strips, Pool broom
· Sponsors for the development of more iPad Apps learning material specially designed for Deaf learners
· Sponsors for bakery ingredients
· Energy saver bulbs – Bayonet, 20W, cool white (they use average 30 bulbs per month)
· Vehicles: car and mini-bus
· Sponsors for year-end parties for the kids
· Outdoor concrete or eco-friendly tables and benches
· “guideWELD simulator” machine/system
Hydroponic garden system needs
Sponsors for marketing material
Sponsors for printing e.g. letterheads, brochures, business cards, folders etc.
SPONSORS for fundraising events such as the annual: Golf day, Banquet, Charity Run (Bikers), Artists performances, Christmas Market.
DETAILED LISTS OF:
Non-perishable foods that are regularly used in the Hostel:
Cereals such as Weetbix for weekends, during the week they eat maize meal porridge for breakfast
Spreads eg. Peanut butter, syrup, jam, Bovril
Canned fruit - any kind
Canned mixed vegetables
Canned baked beans
Canned sardines (Glenrick) in tomato sauce
Canned Tuna 1.7kg
Canned tomato and onion relish
Pasta (macaroni or spaghetti)
Tomato Sauce / Chutney / Worcester sauce
Spices eg. BBQ, Chicken, Fish
Instant pudding, jelly, custard powder
Yeast (instant - bags)
Ingredients for soup eg. split peas, speckled beans
FRESH PRODUCTS: ANY MEAT, FRUIT & VEGETABLES AND DAIRY-PRODUCTS
The standard list of stationery that are provided to the needy children:
A4 - 96 page scripts (white, feint & margin)
A4 - 192 page Black hard cover scripts
(white, feint & margin)
Crayons (triangle – Pre-primary school)
"Pacer" lead pencils with leads (Grd 1,2,3,
used to learn to press gently)
Flip file 50 bags
Ponal wood glue
A4 cardboard - all colours- bright and pastel
A4 plastic covers
A4 plastic envelope bags
Pens - different colours (green /red /black/blue)
Highlighters- different colours
A4 white paper 80gm Typex - since nearly all learning material and images are copied, we make more copies than ordinary schools. Our photocopiers on contract use only Typex paper. About 20 boxes per month is used.
List of toiletries:
Currently 125 needy students receive, as required, the following items. The availability depend on donations received.
• Deodorant Spray
• Under-arm role
• Washcloths (1 / year)
• Toothbrush (2 / year)
• Sanitary pads
• Disposable razors (boys and girls)
• Shaving cream /gel (boys)
• Soap Powder - hand wash 500g (to wash underwear)
• Black shoe polish (liquid type)
• Bicarbonate of soda - small packets
Sponsor a learners hostel or school fees
Sponsor a set of hearing aids (±R8000) or maintenance of a learners’ hearing aids (±R2000 p.a.)
2nd Hand clothing in good condition (boys and girls – 3 years to 21 years, all sizes)
Single bed duvets/blankets
Recreational games for the hostels
6 x stationary boxes for the study times in the afternoon and evenings. Sometimes the learners do not have the necessary stationary to do their homework or assignments. The aim is a stationary box with general stationary (10 of each) which the supervisor on duty can manage.
2nd hand magazines – any language
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT:
Register at the My School card project and make Trans-Oranje Skool vir Dowes (855 WF Nkomo Street Pretoria West, Tel 012-3866072) your beneficiary. It's FREE, and with every swipe that counts, our School will receive a donation on your behalf. It will cost you nothing, only swipe the card at participating businesses and make sure Transoranje School for the Deaf is your beneficiary.
Application forms online:
Register at the WeBenefit project and make Transoranje School for the Deaf (855 WF Nkomo Street Pretoria West, Tel 012-3866072) your beneficiary. It's FREE and an easy way to online purchase all your needs, delivered at your doorstep and at the best prices. With every purchase, our School will receive a donation on your behalf. It will cost you nothing, only do your online shopping at participating businesses and make sure Transoranje School for the Deaf is your beneficiary.
Please contact the Fundraiser for more information on how you can assist us.
Office hours: 012-3866072/6
Business Development Manager/Fundraiser: Mrs Alta Koekemoer
See also page "Donations"
and page "Jaarprogram/Events"